It’s time for Kat Sloma’s wonderful Liberate Your Art Postcard Swap once again. I’ve been participating in this swap for many years– 5? 6? I’m not sure, but from the start. I have used my photographs of nature in the past, but this year, I’ve used my Zentangle® Art.
The swap consists of sending five postcards to swap (6, if you want to give one to Kat herself) to Kat, where she and several volunteers sort and then send out five cards to each of us, plus Kat’s card for us.
Here’s the card I sent, courtesy of Sheila Delgado. She received one in the swap and the setting is so pretty I thought I’d share it.
Now on to the postcards I’ve received!
These are the postcards I got in the swap this year
I’ll list the details row by row, starting at the top, left to right.
- “Woody” by Scott Glass. The back says “Here’s to an American Icon. Woody Guthrie: Then. Now. Always
- Kat Sloma’s says “Experiment Play & Create LIBERATE!”Kat’s website
- Jenny Tucker sent this cool photo taken at the Women’s March in Seattle. “I was trying to position myself in the mirror, but hard when people are walking/marching by! That’s the top of my head in the mirror anyway 🙂” Jenny’s website.
- Pearl wrote “Quilted and beaded hand for community quilt project”
- “Orange Blossom Breeze Star” by Michele Matucheski at Sweet Leaf Productions Sweet Leaf blogspot. She included a wonderful quote “To practice any art no matter how well or how badly is a way to make your soul grow. So do it!” – Kurt Vonnegut
- Michelle B. Writes “I love to capture the beauty of the world in photographs. How do you capture beauty? I would love to know!” And added this quote “Put yourself in the way of beauty.”–Cheryl Strayed. Knee Deep in Dandelions is Michelle’s Blog.
After the official swap is finished, we always feel sad. We look forward every year with great anticipation, then it is over. However, to make the fun last longer, many of us have what we call side swaps, where we send extra postcards to those who request them.
Here’s my first three side swaps that have come to my mailbox:
First three side swaps
Top, l-r: Teresa Hazelbaker sent “Tree Spirit”. She listed the lyrics to James Brown’s song Get Offa That Thing which were perfect for th tree!
And on the right is Snap Lane’s “A big YEEHAW from Texas! Bloom where you are planted!” Watercolor. Snap’s blog
Lots of wonderful art liberated, and more sideswaps are on their way! Liberate Your Art 2017 Celebration!
Here is a video of the art sent in! Mine is included even though I thought I forgot to send it. It’s at 1:45
Off to work on more Zentangle art. What art are YOU working on?